Let’s check out the latest tech masala of the morning in short.
#1. Google For India 2020 – Google‘s Plans For India!
The key highlights of this show were:
- Google’s $10 Billion digitization fund exclusively for India.
- Upcoming partnerships with the country’s education board (CBSE) training programs.
- An investment of $1 Billion for distance learning.
- Prasar Bharati – digitization for small business.
- The Job Spot – Platform for job seekers
Here is the official statement by Mr. Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google & Alphabet:
Today at #GoogleForIndia we announced a new $10B digitization fund to help accelerate India’s digital economy. We’re proud to support PM @narendramodi’s vision for Digital India – many thanks to Minister @rsprasad & Minister @DrRPNishank for joining us. https://t.co/H0EUFYSD1q— Sundar Pichai (@sundarpichai) July 13, 2020
After the tension between India and China we can see big companies in manufacturing and services specially in consumer electronics are keen to invest in India and some have started planning to shift their Head Quarters to India. Now Google is also planning big for India in the upcoming days.
In this phase we will see google focusing more on regional languages in terms of translation, services and availability of services. Moreover, google will introduce products based on the needs of Indian people and those products will be exclusive for India.
#2. Smartphone Charging Capacity 100W+ : A New Hype?
Over the past few years we have seen some biggest evolution in Smartphone Industry. Some of those are:
- From 2000mAh to huge 6000mAh battery
- We have seen Samsung touching the jaw dropping 1TB internal memory
- Smartphones are reaching to 16GB of RAM
- Foldable and even dual screen devices
- Smartphone cameras are reaching to 108MP camera sensor!
Where most of them are just marketing gimmick, here is another one coming for us..
Recently 4 announcements were made by Chinese smartphone brands regarding fast charging technology. Hold your chair tight because you may fall after knowing what are they up to!
- Few days ago, Realme claimed that they are going to introduce the Super Dart Charging technology of 120W, that can charge up the smartphone from 0% to 33% in just 3 minutes.
- IQOO officially announced that they will unveil their Super Flash Charge technology with 120W, which can fully charge a 4000mAh battery in just 15 minutes and this will be available by this July only.
- Following that, Oppo announced their 125W Flash charging technique to be launched on 15th July this year.
Shocked enough? but we are just half way dear reader 😉
Honor, the sub brand of Huawei is working on a 200W (20V voltage, 10A) charging technology. Now tell me if it is gimmick or not? Fortunately this 200W charger is being built for gaming laptops and not for smartphone. The information of this charger got leaked through Weibo.
We will be covering latest updates regarding this in the upcoming days. To know that please subscribe to our Newsletter, and do follow us on Facebook to read more Morning Tech Masala.
#3. Is Motorola Planning for Moto G9 Plus?
Motorola may launch the Moto G9 Plus later this month as the price got leaked online and it’s going to compete with the upcoming OnePlus Nord!
According to this leak, the price of the MotoG9 Plus is going to be 277.15 Euro which is equivalent to 23,800 Inr.
Moto is taking aggressive marketing strategy and launching atleast 2 smartphone models in every market, which might perform a backfire to the company. And based on the prices in Indian market, it is clear that they are not completely aware of the Indian market scenario. This is a great time for non Chinese brands to capture the market and Motorola is struggling with the pricing strategy. Earlier this month we have seen the Moto G – 5G version, and now by the end of this month we can see this G9 Plus to arrive.
From the image here, we can confirm:
- Moto G9 Plus to feature a quad rear camera, and on left we can see a square cut camera. That can be a periscopic camera module with 5X optical zoom. Other 3 cameras can contain a 48MP or 64MP primary camera, 8MP wide angle lens and a 2MP macro lens which is a trend now.
- G9 Plus to have a rear finger print sensor built in the logo itself, which is unusual these days.
- We also can see a single punch hole camera in the front
- The screen to body ration seems 98%+ but as it’s Motorola, it’s better to wait and see the device in reality.
#4. Biggest Giveaway of the Month – 5 OnePlus Nord for Free!!
OnePlus is arranging an international giveaway to get closer to the fans and for the promotion of the upcoming OnePlus Nord.
Nord is launching on 21st July this year, the invitations are available through Amazon for all. You can get yours from here:
For the biggest giveaway of 5X Oneplus Nord, please follow the entry link here: https://www.phonegeek.in/international-giveaways/
Wish you all the best for the giveaway!
That’s all for today’s Morning Tech Masala guys, hope you would like it. To get more such latest updates on smartphone and other tech updates, please share the post among your friends and subscribe to our newsletter. If you have any suggestions for us, please let us know here. We will come up with more and more updates everyday. All we need is your support. See you tomorrow.
Peace ✌🏼 ☮️